Saturday, March 10, 2012

Cheers!



I was very tempted to celebrate Women's Day by downing a couple of mojitos. But as soon as I reached for the alcohol, memories of  how vodka has treated me SO WRONG in the past came rushing into my head (can't you just hear a wailing Country singer belt out a somebody-done-somebody-wrong song in the background?)

I had, yes, flashbacks of a fool- drinking far too much, and crawling on all fours to the bathroom, retching and heaving, till my eyeballs threatened to pop right out of my head. The next morning, if placing a ton of bricks on my head would have made it feel better, then that's what I would have done. I wanted to moan and cuss, but even the sound of my own voice made my head hurt even more.

So instead, this time, I drank iced tea, and decorated it with a sprig of mint to give it that fake-mojito vibe.

Adventure is my middle name. Just livin' on the edge, and sometimes, practically hanging off it.

No comments: